My notes on How To SEO your Video / YouTube Channel
- Target video time 3 minutes, if longer, segment into parts 1, 2, 3, etc.
- Don’t dump, drip. Upload 1 a day at most. Try to be consistent.
- Encourage audience participation; subscriptions, likes or comments in video.
- Use all social media connections, and monitor for participation. re. Facebook fans, Twitter followers.
- Use only one YouTube Channel. Build 1 strong channel, not lots of little channels.
- Use unique titles with keywords. Don’t use you brand name in the title.
- No more than 10 tags, keywords only. Ask yourself how you want your video to show up in other “Related Videos”
- Use videos in blogs and posts, linking and embedding as neccessary or possible. Here you may need some help with Video Search Engine Optimization (VSEO).